Menus for the week of January 18th.
This week’s installment of “what inspired us while in Mexico” showcases Chef Rodolfo, of Origen. This was easily the most informative and inspirational culinary day of our trip. Besides their absolutely gorgeous chalkboard menu, Chef Rodolfo was a limitless fountain of insight into haute Oaxacan cuisine.
Having led prominent kitchens in SF, Monaco, and Mexico City, he returned to his native Oaxaca to do his part in raising the profile of this food paradise. If you’re ever in the area, you should without a doubt take a day for a cooking class with the chef.
Here’s what we’ve got planned for this week:
- Monday cooks like an Italian prostitute
- Tuesday bows to the commitment of family-run Chinese restaurants
- Wednesday flips through the beautiful cookbooks of Yotem Ottolengi
- Thursday is indebted to Chef Rodolfo at Origen
- Friday celebrates the proliferation of incredible Bay Area Brewers, like Fieldwork Brewing Co
This Friday kicks off SF BeerWeek, and our contribution is a tap takeover by Fieldwork Brewing Co from Berkeley. We’ll have a food-friendly Tart Saison, a Mosaic-Hop IPA (single-hop being a major step toward having “beer varietals” similar to wine grapes), and a Double IPA for you hop-heads out there. Try them all! Twice!
Stop in, say hello, grab a bite to eat.
If you want our weekly newsletter delivered to your inbox, find the sign-up box at the top of our homepage. Photos of the meals are typically uploaded by 11am.